Referral Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions (“Referral Terms”) form a legally binding agreement between a Referral (“You”, “Your” or an approved Referral) and Zipmex Asia Pte. Ltd. (UEN: 201702143Z) trading at Zipmex (“Zipmex”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) in relation to the Zipmex Referral Program (the "Program").
- Your continued participation in the Program is subject to the Referral Terms. By applying to participate in the Program, You expressly represent and warrant that You have accepted the Referral Terms, and any additional terms and conditions displayed on the Platform in relation to the Program as they apply from time to time.
- We may amend, modify, add to or delete any term in this Referral Terms at our discretion and those amendments, modifications, additions or deletions apply to Your use of the Program by providing You notice on our Website and at our Referral Page https://zipmex.com/referral-program . Any changes take effective when they are published. All subsequent transactions by You will be subject to the amended and most current Referral Terms.
- For the purposes of the Referral Terms:
“Account” means an account opened to use the services provided by Zipmex’s Platform;
“Account Holder” means the holder of a Zipmex Account;
“Referral Website" means exchange.zipmex.com/settings/referral;
“Referral” or “Referrals” means the Account Holders referred by You who enters the Website via a link You provide to them and then successfully opens and uses a Zipmex Account using a tracking code designated to You.
“Associate” means a director, contractor, partner, agent, shareholder, or employee of a person or other entity.
“Data Feed” means anything published on the Website which relates specifically to Zipmex’s digital assets market or descriptions of those rates which are made available to You in accordance with the Referral Terms;
“Platform” means the website, mobile applications, services, content and any other services provided, owned and operated by Zipmex that allow users to convert, buy, sell and trade digital assets and crypto currency.
“Relative” means any relative of a person including but not limited to their spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling.
“Website” means the Zipmex website available at www.zipmex.com
- Zipmex will pay You a commission as a percentage of the Net Transaction Fee earned by Zipmex in relation to the transactions performed on the Platform by each of Your Referrals where each person has been directly referred by You through Your Referral tracker or referral email and tracked to Your Account.
a. Net Transaction Fee = Gross Fee - Costs
b. Costs are calculated by taking into consideration GST, and other applicable costs associated with Referral Customers
- Zipmex will not link an Referral where a Zipmex Customer has created an account without using Your Referral tracker. The Referral tracker must be used at all times for the new Zipmex Customer to become Your Referral. Zipmex will not add an Referral to Your Zipmex account after the new Zipmex Customer has created a new Account.
- To be eligible, each person You refer as an Referral must be a new Zipmex Customer, must sign up and create a valid verified Account. You must have a minimum of one referral that have bought, sold, converted, and/or traded digital assets or crypto currency through the Platform within the monthly period in order for You to be entitled to the commissions paid under the Program.
- Within 30 days of the end of each calendar month Zipmex will pay You the commissions earned in respect of Your Referrals in the previous month and payment will be made in arrears according to the applicable Program commission plan.
- Commission payments will be made to the wallet in Your verified Zipmex account. Such commission payments will be made in either digital assets and/or the respective local fiat currency. You agree to provide Zipmex with current, accurate and complete information, and update that information where it is no longer accurate or complete.
- You are not entitled to earn commissions through the Program for transactions performed by:
- An Account Holder that was an existing Account Holder at the date You enrolled for the Program;
- A Referral that transacts on any Account You open under Your own name or under an alias or assumed name;
- A Referral that transacts on any Account opened by one or more of Your Relatives or Associates or in the name of one or more of Your relatives or family members.
- An Account Holder for whom You are already an Referral.
- Either Zipmex or You may terminate Your participation in the Program at any time, without cause, by giving the other 48 hours’ notice. Zipmex also has the right to suspend or terminate Your Account under the Referral Terms immediately by notice in writing if:
- You or Your Relative or Associate breach the Referral Terms or Zipmex reasonably suspects that You have breached the Referral Terms;
- You request existing customers to add Your Referral key;
- Zipmex, in its discretion, considers for any reason You or Your behaviour in referring Referrals to the Program is inappropriate or unsuitable.
- You will not be entitled to unpaid commission earned from the Program on or after the date of termination or suspension of Your Account or the termination of Your participation in the Program. Zipmex may withhold payment of commissions for the period prior to termination for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid to You.
- If Zipmex continues to permit activity (generation of commission from Referral’s transactional activity) for a period after termination of Your participation, this does not constitute a continuation or renewal of the arrangements under the Program or a waiver of termination by Zipmex.
- You must fund or pay for the cost of any marketing and promotional activities to generate referrals of Referrals from Your own resources. You must not create, publish, distribute, or permit any written material that makes reference to Zipmex without first submitting such material to Zipmex and receiving prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. You must cooperate fully with Zipmex in utilising and maintaining links and other promotional tools as supplied by Zipmex.
- If You elect to use social media or other forms of public networks to refer Referrals or engage in marketing and promotional activities for the Program:
- You agree to only engage in advertising, marketing and promotional activities which do not violate any laws in the related jurisdiction;
- You must not promote the Program or the Platform on websites that contain illegal or inappropriate images or content;
- You must not direct Your activities to individuals who are under 18 years of age;
- You must not defame the personal or business and reputation of any person;
- You must not send unsolicited emails or create unauthorised newsgroup postings, chat rooms or use "bots";
- You must not promote Zipmex on search engines, social media, or forums unless You clearly identify the content as an advertisement, post or marketing communication. For example, Tweets on Twitter which relate to Zipmex should contain hashtags such as “#ad” or “#spon” at the end of the Tweet;
- You will have no authority to make any statements or representations on behalf of Zipmex and You must not hold Yourself out as a representative of Zipmex, nor represent or imply that a communication or advertisement is published or authorised by Zipmex;
- You agree to abide to all No Spam regulations and employ best practices in all marketing email communications; and
- You agree to engage in any activity which comply with the guidelines supplied from time to time by Zipmex.
- Referrals must not bid for “Zipmex” via Google AdWords (and other similar advertisements networks), in order to promote their referral link.
- You will not say or do anything or engage in conduct which will directly or indirectly disparage or otherwise bring into disrepute Zipmex, Zipmex’s Platform or the Program in any way (including but not limited to any negative statement about the reputation, goodwill or standing of Zipmex) or would be likely to result in such conduct.
- You must not establish any social network domain, blog domain, profile name or display name containing Zipmex. You must not purchase any domains or utilise derivatives of the name Zipmex, or bid on any keywords or keyword phrases that include, but are not limited to, Zipmex or zipmex.com.
- Any traffic that You generate illegally through spamming, spam advertising and the like will be in breach of the Referral Terms and Your Account may be suspended or terminated. You understand that Zipmex may potentially incur penalties and legal expenses as a result of unauthorised third party email communications from You and in such event You will be held financially liable for, and must either indemnify Zipmex for those penalties or expenses or they will be deducted from Your Account.
- If a Referral registered through the Program is being investigated in relation to their conduct on the Platform, Zipmex will withhold commissions generated from that Referral until the investigation is completed.
- If Zipmex has paid You in respect of a banned Referral, Zipmex may deduct or set-off the amount of payment against Your current or future commission payments and, if requested by Zipmex, You must repay any shortfall owed to Zipmex within 15 days of receiving notice from Us in writing.
- You expressly understand, warrant and agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Zipmex and its Associates are not liable to You for:
- Any fines, penalties, taxes and any exemplary, aggravated or punitive damages, liquidated damages or any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of production, lost opportunity costs), legal costs and expenses which may be incurred by You, however caused, other than where such damages are caused by any act of fraud or misconduct from Zipmex;
- Any loss or damage which may be incurred by You, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
- any changes which Zipmex may make to the Program, or for any permanent or temporary suspension of the Program (or any features within the Program);
- the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content or other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through Your use of the Program;
- Your failure to provide Zipmex with accurate, complete or current Account or personal information including bank account information; or
- Your failure to keep Your password or Account details secure and confidential; or
- Your failure to properly use the links and other promotional tools as supplied by Zipmex.
- Unless otherwise stated by Zipmex, the Referral Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Zipmex in relation with, or connection to, the Program and supersedes all previous agreements or understandings between the parties in connection with the Program.
- You agree that if Zipmex does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Referral Terms (or which Zipmex has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Zipmex’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Zipmex.
- The Referral Terms will be binding on, operate to the benefit of, and enforceable against You and Zipmex and their respective successors and assigns.
- Any term or part of a term of the Referral Terms that is held to be invalid or unenforceable may be severed from the Referral Terms and the remaining terms or parts continue in force.
- The Referral Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and in the event that a legal dispute or claim is brought with respect to this Program, the Courts of the Republic of Singapore will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.